Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Change is good.

Do you ever have one of those moments where you look around a room in your house and think, I really don't like anything in here? I feel like I do that all the time.

My living room had been bothering me for a while. Not really my entire living room. It was actually just the table behind the couch. It took me a while (like months) to pinpoint that this was the source of my angst. I was pretty relieved to discover I didn't hate the entire room and that it was just one, small, easily fixable thing that had bothering me. I had set some stuff there as a placeholder a year ago when we moved and then never really did anything with it.

So, now that I knew where the problem area was, I set out to Homegoods to fix it. I went wild purchasing a ton of stuff I thought I would like. I got home, set it up, stepped back to take it all in... and hated it. It looked really forced and a little over-styled, which didn't match the rest of my random eclectic home. It just didn't feel like me.

So instead of redoing the table with new stuff, I tried moving around things I already owned, keeping just one $14 item from my Homegoods shopping spree. The outcome was much better.

Sometimes a small change is all it takes.

Before 




After



No comments:

Post a Comment