Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gold fever.



Last month, in prep for Arley's Montana wedding a few friends got together and spun straw into gold, turning a bunch of random terracotta pots into beautiful gold leafed vases to use for the reception centerpieces.

This project could not have been any easier. We used Mona Lisa's Gold Leaf Kit and basically just followed the directions, keeping our gold leafed areas a little loose so that each pot looked unique and they weren't totally uniform.

This would be a great activity if you have some old terracotta pots in need of a little love. I might have to go grab a few from my mom's garage and create a set for myself.












2 comments:

  1. Love this! Seems like a fun little wedding decor project may be in our future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I did this for a St. Patrick's Day centerpiece. I love how the gold leaf makes a simple terracotta pot look so luxe. The flowers in that picture are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete